Forrester Research just released “The Forrester Wave™: AI Decisioning Platforms, Q2 2023: The 13 Providers That Matter Most And How They Stack Up” by Mike Gualtieri with Aaron Katz, Catherine Marcin, and Jen Barton, and IBM is proud to be recognized as a Leader.
This report outlines the combination of traditional decision automation tools with machine learning models and other technologies. As Forrester notes in the report, many organizations are eager to harness the power of AI but also must be cautious of risks. “What these enterprises need,” the report states, “is a platform that can simultaneously enable them to harness the power of AI while enhancing and governing it with well-proven and trusted human business expertise.”
The new Forrester Wave™ report details how IBM compares with other vendors in the AI-decisioning landscape based on current offering, strategy and market presence scores.
IBM named a Leader
We at IBM continue to be excited about the intersection of decision automation with AI, which is also referred to as decision intelligence. We are pleased that IBM has been named as a Leader in the Forrester Wave. We received the highest score in the “Current offering” category on the scorecard, the highest possible scores in the authoring, applications, and supporting products and services criteria, and the highest market presence score among all evaluated vendors.
What the Forrester report has to say about IBM
- “IBM offers customers an exceptional portfolio of products and services for business automation transformations.”
- “IBM has strengths in decision intelligence technologies, authoring tools, explainability, and ModelOps.”
You can download a complimentary copy of the full Forrester Wave™ report to learn more about IBM and other vendors’ offerings.
Why IBM believes it is positioned for success
IBM Automation Decision Services, IBM’s next-generation decision automation platform, is an important component of our AI Decisioning solution. IBM Automation Decision Services is designed to enable organizations to combine prescriptive business rules with predictive models to help them make more informed operational decisions to improve customer experience and make organizations run more effectively. It provides a low-code environment where business experts can manage decision automation projects and apply their knowledge to model decisions without extensive coding or deep AI knowledge.
IBM Automation Decision Services is designed to be:
- Intuitive, allowing users outside of IT and development to initiate and build enterprise-scale decision automation projects.
- Intelligent, helping businesses to take predictions and scores from external data science services into account and apply them to make decisions. Automation Decision Services also makes ML models transparent by converting them into business rules or decision tables that can be understood and inspected across the organization or used for auditing.
- Integrated, helping users execute decisions using Git software and standard Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) pipelines. It is fully integrated with other IBM business automation capabilities, such as workflow, content, capture and RPA, as part of a larger intelligent automation strategy.
Get started with IBM Automation Decision Services
Learn more about IBM Automation Decision Services
Try it for free for 30 days as part of the IBM Cloud Pak for Business Automation trial
Leave a Reply